Kefir Drink With Lemon and Honey
Kefir rich in fermented probiotics is very effective in promoting gut health. Kefir drink prepared using fruits is refreshing, tender and replenishing. Kefir acts as a powerful detoxifying and purifying agent. It is very effective in treating severe skin infections where conventional treatments fails to do so.
1. 4 tbsps of kefir grains
2. 1.5 litres of filtered water
3. ½ lemon cut into thin round slices
4. 2 figs dried and cut into halves
5. 4 tsps of acacia honey or 3 tsps of agave syrup
1. Place the kefir grains in a bottle a day before
2. Add water, lemon slices, figs and honey. Mix the contents well (taking care not to use a metal spoon) . Cover the bottle with a mesh or a clean transparent white cloth tying the opening of the bottle with a string
3. Leave the mixture to ferment for 24 hrs. Grains of the kefir can be conserved as it multiplies itself to a point where it starts spreading itself to its surrounding.
4. Filter this mixture using a plastic filter. Transfer the contents to a glass bottle adding two tbsp of cane brown sugar and a little refrigerated water.
5. Mix everything and place the contents in a refrigerator. The mixture remains active for a period of 15days without problem.
If you notice the grains are not multiplying it shows that it lacks nourishment. Add some more cane brown sugar to the bottle.
Precautions: The mixture should not come in contact with any metal
If you are a debutant please go slow until you get yourself acquainted with the detoxification process. Take this preparation 2 to 3 times a day paying attention not to drink more than half glass at a time for a period of three days followed by one glass for six days . Replace with two glasses until everything goes well.